Clothing donation 2018 accomplished. These are going to Plattsburgh Cares, (http://plattsburghcares.org/) and more specifically to refugees that have come
from all over the US to walk across the border from Champlain, New York to
St-Bernard-de-Lacolle, Quebec, knowing they will be arrested as soon as they
cross that international line.
In many countries around the world, too many people often lack basic clothing. This challenge is amplified particularly during the winter months. We hope to engage as many of the SWY Alumni and Associations as possible to take part in the Winter Clothing Campaign.
Our main objective is to gather and donate winter clothing items to a worthy organization of your choice that is responsible for spreading them through to
 the most needy regions; and
 homeless people.
The type of clothing gathered and donated will depend on the local needs of the engaging SWYAA: winter clothes in colder climates and regular clothes for other regions.
What you can do to help:
1) Join the Facebook event "SWYAA Winter Clothing Donation Campaign (WCDC) and connect with your SWYAA.
2) Gather as many climate appropriate clothing as you can during December and January. Call family and friends to help you with this project! :)
3) Focus on donating to a worthy organization of your choice.
4) On International SWY Day post a picture to social media with hashtags:#SWYAAWCDC, #SWYAAUSA, #SWY+batch number of engaging members
5) If you are unable to donate clothing but are able to make a financial donation, we are available to purchase gently used clothing on your behalf. If you wish to donate, our paypal account is https://www.paypal.me/swyaausa. If you choose to contribute, please contact Manon at email@example.com to inform her of your intentions and she can begin finding extra clothing on your behalf.
6) Enjoy the connection with other Ex-PYs, work as a team and make a difference in your country and local community.